CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Paradise





GREETINGS FROM HAWAII!

On Sunday, just hours after the wedding, we started out for the airport at 5:30AM and we FINALLY got to our part of Hawaii at 2am our time! By 1am was starting to feel this may not have been worth it. I WAS SO WRONG! It is beautiful and all I have seen so far is my in-laws house where we are staying (he he "MY INLAWS" he he he still sounds funny to me).

Anyway, Ian and I were so tired from all of the fun, AND IT WAS FUN! Yes there was stress to the build up but we really had a great time at our wedding and hope everyone else did too.  It was a party and we wanted to do it up big.

Day one in Hawaii: go to HILO and get food and entertainment supplies so we don't have to leave the house.  I took THREE showers on day one just because I could not make up my mind on which bath or bath product to use SO I USED THEM ALL! Who would have ever thought that showering on a vacation could be so much fun?! See the outdoor shower and the outdoor living room pictures I've included.  Day one was all about unwinding from the trip and the wedding so we did nothing much at all AND THAT WAS FUN! I forgot to mention that day one was also a day to allow my cankles to un swell.  I don't think my feet had been THAT swollen since I was pregnant with Matthew.  You will be glad to know they are back to "normal" so I can get back to walking with ease and NOW we can hit the sights.

Ian's breakfast day one pictured above. Local fare, white rice, brown gravy, fried spam topped with two eggs over easy. When you order ask for A LOCO MOCO yum yum.  I opted for hot tea and french toast, no pictures needed.

I'll let you know what day 2 has in store for us once we get day 2 started.

Keep checking back!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it. Keep em coming for all of us jealous folks holding down fort.

Monica said...

THANK GOD for the jealous folks holding down the fort!

Anonymous said...

YES -- It WAS FUN!! And even more: it was beautiful, thoughtful and unique (not to mention, amazingly well organized). I've been bragging to everyone and apparently, I am not the only person that had never been to a wedding with an itinerary!! BBQ, Bonfire, Bagpiper, Mariachis, catered Dragonfly, and a gorgeous weekend with friends and family. So much opportunity to meet the other people in your life that I actually know most of the people on the front page of your MySpace page now!

And Now -- the biggest decision you need to make is indoor or outdoor shower? Spam or no Spam for breakfast?? I say -- you both deserve it -- ENJOY!!