CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

DON'T JUDGE!


Well nothing says HAWAII like MEXICAN FOOD!  
Day two in Hawaii and I must be honest, WE DID VERY MUCH THE SAME THING WE DID ON DAY ONE! Don't judge! We have been tired.  We worked our A$$ e* off before the wedding and it appears SLEEP is something Ian and I have come to value as a precious gift we treasure when we are able to get it.  WE HAD A GREAT DAY TWO.  After sleeping in and making our own breakfast of oatmeal and turkey bacon (an homage to my week day breakfast with Denise) We watched a great movie with Tommy Lee Jones (huba huba) and that was REALLY GOOD! Once the movie was over WE TOOK A NAP! Yes, yes we are in Hawaii and we took a nap-DON'T JUDGE! It was fun THEN we went to the coolest little town called Pahoa.  It reminded me of what could have been a little town in Mexico.  The streets were very narrow and there were little stores on each side of the street and then MEXICAN FOOD! Not really what I had in mind while I was in Hawaii because Corpus Cbristi may not always be grand but THERE IS PLENTY OF GOOD MEXICAN FOOD.
The food was o.k.  I think that will be my only Mexican food in Hawaii experience.  The tortillas were like the Taco Bell Burrito tortillas but aside from that it was good.  THE MARGARITAS were good and just what I needed MORE SALT!  My face is not puffy enough at the moment so I thought a Margarita would fix me right up.  I'm being sarcastic, (really, me, shocking I know) I am drinking more water and trying not to drink so much so I can reduce the puffy in my eyes, hands and feet but that is another blog.  Ok, back to day two, after dinner we went to see something we were unable to see in Texas, the "W." movie.  We went, we saw, it was OK.  I already knew W. was an idiot and the movie just reinforces the fact.  I do LOVE that we are in Obama country here.  Since his grandmother lives here and he went to school here the WHOLE STATE is very much OBAMA. After the movie I asked Ian to stop at McDonalds because I wanted sometime familiar.  I had the 99 cent double cheeseburger BUT ON THE BREAKFAST MENU PICTURED ABOVE I could have ordered SPAM, WHITE RICE AND EGGS and a combo meal.  Go figure!

We have plans for day Three so keep in touch!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a loafing round day. love the new pic on the beach. just a little dark.

Unknown said...

I can relate! I can think of nothing better than a nap EVERY DAY you are on a vacation or a honeymoon! Especially on rainy Hawaii afternoons. You have earned it, my dear!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun Sissy!!!! Have a margarita for me!